Renthal's revolutionary Duo™ stem combines high strength with ultra-low weight. The stem is horizontally divided, allowing it to be machined in two pieces. This method gives unrestricted access to the stem core, enabling weight to be reduced to the absolute minimum, without compromising strength.
In addition this provides an uninterrupted U-shape clamping area, which eliminates the stress risers found on most other stems, which can lead to handlebar failure.
Renthal® Duo Stem : Designed to ride faster, jump further and last longer.
The Renthal Duo is fully CNC machined from a solid billet of 6082 T6 aluminium. The material was specifically chosen for this application to give the highest strength to weight ratio.
Unique to the Duo, the horizontally divided construction has allowed access to the core of the stem to remove the maximum material possible, whilst maintaining maximum strength and stiffness.
An uninterrupted U-shape clamping area cradles the underside of the handlebar, eliminating the stress risers found on most other stems, which can lead to handlebar failure.
High Quality Finish
After CNC machining, both halves of the stem are anodised and laser marked to give a very high quality, durable finish.
Duo Stem 50mm offset (STM-100)
Duo Stem 40mm offset (STM-109)
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED – Torque wrench, 4mm Hex Socket Bit, General Purpose Grease.
Important - Follow all fitting instructions in order
STEERER TUBE PREPERATION
- 1. The DUO™ Stem is designed to work only with 28.6mm (1 1/8") steerer tubes (check prior to installation).
- 2. Ensure the steerer tube is set to the correct length - leave no more than a 3mm gap from the top of the stem to the top surface of the steerer tube (if the steerer tube requires modifying to fit, ensure it is cut level).
- 3. Ensure all sharp edges and burrs are removed from the top of the steerer tube (both inside and out).
- 4. Ensure that the steerer tube and stem are both clean and dry.
1. Remove all bolts, apply grease to the threads and under the heads of the bolts.
2. Place the handlebar in the stem (in the correct orientation) and loosely assemble the two central SILVER bolts. (Refer to fig.1).
3. Slide the stem onto the steerer tube until it contacts the headset spacer(s) and then tighten the two central SILVER bolts to 5Nm.
4. Install the top cap onto the top of the stem, then tighten to the manufacturer’s specification.
5. Align the handlebar with the front wheel and install two BLACK bolts into the rear of the stem. Alternating between the two bolts, progressively tighten to 5Nm, to ensure even clamping. (Refer to fig.2).
6. Install the remaining two BLACK bolts into the front of the stem, align the handlebar to the desired position, and alternating between the two, progressively tighten to 5Nm, to ensure even clamping. (Refer to fig.3).